[Digikam-users] Digikam from svn fails to compile because of absence of libXrender.la

Fabrice Flore-Thebault fab at centsix.org
Sat Apr 15 10:35:58 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 14 Avril 2006 06:42, Gerhard Kulzer a écrit :
> On Thursday 13 April 2006 17:40, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Fabrice Flore-Thebault wrote:
> > > Well, don't know where is the  best to tell about it :

> > > libjpegutils.la  -L/usr/share/qt3/lib -L/usr/lib    -R /usr/lib -R
> > > /usr/lib -R /usr/share/qt3/lib -R /usr/lib jpegmetadata.lo
> > > exifrotate.lo transupp.lo -ljpeg -lkexif grep: /usr/lib/libXrender.la:
> > > No such file or directory /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libXrender.la:
> > > No such file or directory libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libXrender.la' is
> > > not a valid libtool archive make[4]: *** [libjpegutils.la] Erreur 1
> > > ----
> > >
> > > The fact is that libxrender-dev (0.9.0.2-2) doesn't provide
> > > any 'libXrender.la' file anymore :
> >
> > Yep, on systems with proper shared library support, .la files associated
> > with shared libs "just suck".  ;-)  There's probably a .la file somewhere
> > on your system that still references the now-missing libXrender.la.
> > grep "libXrender.la" /usr/lib/*.la
> > will highlight the offender(s).  Easiest quick-n-dirty fix:
> > sed -i -e 's|/usr/lib/libXrender.la||' /usr/lib/*.la
>
> Well on my system there are just too many: Debian unstable, KDE 3.5.2
> grep -c "libXrender.la" /usr/lib/*.la|wc
>     241     241    6544

Well, exactly the same, and a lot of kde libraries are in the list.
I assume this is not a Digikam issue, but an issue with all of these
libraries, and the one clean way to fix the problem would be to rebuild all
these libraries against the new xorg libraries which don't provide .la files
anymore ? Or not ?

--
Fabrice Flore-Thébault