[Digikam-users] sRGB Vs. Adobe RGB

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 6 19:47:12 BST 2006

Hello,

I also have a camera that supports both sRGB and Adobe RGB. However, from most
of the sources (forums, user manual etc) I get the information to stick to the
sRGB color space. I am still not really convinced about this issue. I know that
the AdobeRBG can represent higher number of colors (the gamut is bigger).
However in a typical case (that is working with digikam for own printouts on
non-calibrated, non-professional screen) I don't see the benefit. And also if I
take pictures with AdobeRGB the output on the screen will be much more "flat" in
colors.
The second thing: I am not sure that the photo-labs are using the AdobeRGB.

Could you explain me why it is good to use it? This color-space stuff is a bit
unclear for me.

Thanks!
Regards,
Gabor Dudas