[Digikam-users] GUI usability request

Tamas Hauer thauer at bluewin.ch
Sun Sep 18 16:59:05 BST 2005

>Please! Please don't make the same mistake as many other developers did
>(very common mistake in the kde world) to clutter the interface by using
>sidebars. This is a real big misunderstanding and their invention started
>the fall of many GUIs and their usability. There are a few cases, where
>they are usefull and in the right place, but mostly there are other GUI
>design concepts, which are at least equal powerfull, but more effective
>and less intrusive.

I do not mind any lost space but I also liked the previous interface
better.  Say I want to move or copy some pictures to a new album where I
am selecting said set based on some tags.  In the present gui, I either
see the tags bar or the albums bar and there does not seem to be a way
for example to create a new album from a set of pictures of a given tag
(or result set of a query).  For example to use the handy flickr export,
I pretty much need to collect my pictures to upload in a given
directory.  I guess I can open an extra konqueror window though to do
that...

Tamas