[Digikam-users] TIFF Images and Thumbnails

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Oct 27 14:21:15 BST 2005

Le Jeudi 27 Octobre 2005 15:14, Olaf Gellert a écrit :
> As already reported on this list, digikam (0.7.4) does
> not display TIFF images nor does it create thumbnails
> correctly (I only get white rectangles which reflect
> the size/proportions of the original image).
> This could be related to SuSE Linux 9.3...
>
> Well, but I would like to solve this problem. So
> maybe someone could give me a hint on where to search?
> What tools/libraries are used for disply of TIFF
> images and thumbnail creation?
>
> Cheers, Olaf

What's current digiKam release you using ?
0.8.0 work fine here with tiff files.

Your tiff files are in 8/bits/color/pixels or 16/bits/color/pixels ?

Witch soft are you used to create your TIFF file ?

Are you any problem in digiKam main interface or in showfoto, or both ?

What's messages you have when you start digiKAm from a  console ?

Thumbnails are created using a kio slave. Take a look in ~/.xsession-errors
file when you trying to render thumbnail.

Regards