[Digikam-users] Feature requests/opinions

Robert Gomułka carramba at epf.pl
Tue Oct 18 19:33:30 BST 2005

Hello,
this is my first post to the list. I would like to share my ideas with you in
the form of feature request to digikam, which I have used for about a year
(and I enjoy using it very much).
First of all, I lack histogram scaling feature. Yes, I can move it around the
window, but sometimes I cannot see the left or right edge. It makes a
difference to see them, especially to see if the image is neither too dark
nor too bright.
Second, I would like to see exif information in the same way as a histogram -
semitransparent on the image, with configurable options (which part of exif
data to see - for example resolution of taken photo - DPI - is not needed at
all so I would like not to see it at all).
And finally - sometimes I want to compare two pictures, which is better. Now
when I click on a thumbnail, image is opened (that's ok). Then I want to open
second one and it is opened in the same window, which does not allow me to
compare them in the same time.

I hope my opinions will be taken into consideration.

Best regards,
Robert