[Digikam-users] digikam doesn't print properly at 5760dpi

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Oct 13 18:32:49 BST 2005

On Thursday 13 Oct 2005 11:59, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Hi, my printer supports 5760dpi, however, digikam doesn't work if I print
> at this resolution. Actually, I'm not sure whether its digikam or the kde
> printing support - if its the latter, I'll go and moan at the kdeprint
> people.

AIUI, Digikam doesn't actually print stuff - it hands that off to whatever you
have set up for your printng system.

Two thoughts which may help: if you're printing at 5700 on an Epson, you may
well be Gutenprint (formerly GIMP-Print).   Although I haven't seen exactly
the sort of problem you are reporting, there have been some issues between
Gutenprint and Ghostscript: you may find that the latest versions of both
packages between them sort the problem out.

--
David Aldred