[Digikam-users] more on antialiasing problem

Aaron Solochek aarons-kde at aberrant.org
Wed Nov 16 02:02:17 GMT 2005

I have some more information regarding my problem with anti aliasing and
digikam.  The problem, to remind people, is that no text renders at all:

http://www.aberrant.org/~aarons/no_text.png

This problem exists with nearly every font I have installed.  The only
font I don't see the problem with is Terminus, and I think that's
because it doesn't actually do antialiasing for it.  If I turn off
antialiasing and reopen digikam or shotfoto, the text shows up fine.

I see this behavior on 3 systems now.  All three are debian, two
unstable, one unstable/testing.  They are all running X.org, and both
kde and gnome apps.  Two systems are running digikam 0.8.0-0beta2-1, and
the other is running 0.7.4-5.

What could digikam be doing that other kde applications aren't wrt
fonts?  I thought at that level all kde applications used the same
libraries.  This is a very frustrating problem because I love digikam
and had started organizing everything with it before this problem popped up.

-Aaron