[Digikam-users] digikam 0.8 rpm

Dennis Meulensteen dennis at meulensteen.nl
Thu Nov 3 10:29:41 GMT 2005

Hi All,
I added the feature request attached below to the list just now.
I hope some of you will vote for it!

I'd also very much like to know if anyone else is extending DigiKam functionality using shell scripts, and what alternative solutions are in use.

Regards,
Dennis.

I would like to have the context menu from the thumbnail view also made available in the image editor's main screen.

I particularly need the "Open With..." submenu to trigger the many shell scripts I use to add much needed (to me) functionality to DigiKam. This functionality supports my RAW workflow, off-line storage, and several RAW conversion options without which DigiKam is not suitable for my needs.

I'm not up to the task of writing kipi-plugins to do the job, but shellscript is another story.

Alternative would be to make a tool-bar option available for this purpose, that would also be excellent!

I hope someone can provide this because I'm not up to coding it myself  :-(

Regards,
Dennis.