[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: klauncher : "unknown digikamalbums protocol"

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 22 16:33:30 BST 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Tom Albers wrote:

> Indeed, that's what I want to do, start the new digikam, and trying to keep
> the working ditrib version. You confirm what I guessed, if I want the new
> kioslaves to be registered, I must do make install. But I think the side
> effect is to replace all existing kioslaves with the same name.

here's a possible solution to installing digikam from svn and digikam from
your distro and running them:

1) when you install digikam from svn install to a local prefix. for eg:
./configure --enable-debug --prefix=/home/user/Local/
make
make install

2) create a ~/.digikam_bashrc file (assuming you run bash shell):
export KDEDIRS=/home/user/Local:$KDEDIRS
export PATH=/home/user/Local/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/Local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

3) whenever you want to run digikam from svn:
  open a terminal
  $ source ~/.digikam_bashrc
  $ kdeinit
  $ digikam