[Digikam-users] despeckling or cloning

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Fri Jul 8 06:51:11 BST 2005

Le Jeudi 07 Juillet 2005 03:15 PM, Rüdiger Mähl a écrit :
> caulier.gilles at free.fr schrieb am 07.07.05 14:45:48:
> >  [snip]
> >
> > > Is there a cloning plug-in available?
> >
> > No, but there is an inpainting tool in 0.7.3 digiKam/DigikamImagePlugins
> > release (released today (:=))) :
> >
> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Inpainting/
> >
> > http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikamimageplugins
> >/inpainting.html
>
> Seems, that it is what I am looking for, now waiting for
> updated rpms at SuSE...

I had forget to say that you can use 'Restoration' plugin for this task
(available with 0.7.3 release too) :

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikamimageplugins/restoration.html

Note : digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins 0.8.0 will be in beta stage later
summer. I'm working hard to make all image editor plugins with a
proffessionnal look. My inspiration come from famous Photo$hop PowerRetouch
plugins [http://www.powerretouche.com]. To promote a little digiKam in this
way, i had taken any screenshots from my development Linux Box :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/digiKamImageEditorPluginRestoration.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/digiKamImageEditorPluginRefocus.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/unsharpmask-plugin-resizable.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/infraredfilm-plugin-resizable.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/oilpaint-plugin-resizable.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/texture-plugin-resizable.png

Look like all plugin dialogs and preview will be rezisable. I'm working on
Xinerama station with 3 flat pannel screens (21'' !!!). For a photograph like
me, Its a real "bonheur"...

I hope these preview will confirm your interrest about digiKam for the future.

A nice day