[Digikam-users] krita <-> digikam ICC profiles interroperability

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Dec 14 12:52:09 GMT 2005

I forward this message to digikam users ML to take any comments...

Gilles Caulier

// -----------------------------------------------------------------

Le Mercredi 14 Décembre 2005 13:23, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > SVN commit 488426 by cgilles:
> >
> > Digikam from trunk :
> >
> > - Removing old image histogram constructor.
> > - Copy selection from IE work with 16 bits image. You can copy and paste
> > image selection from IE to Krita. data are converted to 8 bits because 16
> > bits isn't supported by clipboard.
>
> Is this something we could work on? It would be cool...

Hi Boudewijn, how are you (:=)))...

Sure, in the future, we need to improve krita/digiKam interoperability. I
adding this task in my TODO list, because i had any other stuff to do
before...

But, there is one point that we can talking now : a common ICC profiles
repository between krita and digiKam.

Like you have see certainly, digiKam now support ICC profiles to render image
in editor (printing coming soon). We have started a repository of digital
still camera profiles at this url :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ICCPROFILES/

In kde svn, krita provide any common ICC profiles :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/krita/data/profiles/

Questions :

1 / Perhaps we can merge these places ?
2 / Are you sure that includes ICC profiles in svn is the better place ?
3 / ICC profiles are (c). Are you sure that you can includes by default krita
profiles with koffice packages without any problems with commercial
compagnies ? (This is why digiKam team have copied ICC camera profiles in a
simple web space, not svn)

Any viewpoints/suggestions welcome

Gilles Caulier