[Digikam-users] Get Digikam and K3B to cooperate nicely?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sat Dec 10 15:09:30 GMT 2005

Le Samedi 10 Décembre 2005 11:02, Niki Kovacs a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm an Austrian writer living in Montpezat (South France), and a 100%
> GNU/Linux user since 2001.

(:=)). I'm french from south of France living at Aix en provence...

> I've recently installed Digikam 0.8.0 on my Slackware 10.2 (compiled
> everything from source, went nice, though it was a bit of a hassle with my
> dialup connection:oD).
>
> I'm currently testing the Album > Export > CD Archive option. I had to fill
> in the full path to k3b (which is /opt/kde/bin on my Slack). When I leave
> the --nofork option, nothing happens. Looks like some temp file is erased
> too early. I tried to leave out the --nofork option: now k3b opens OK, but
> with an error message "Can't open document". But then, I simply click on
> "OK", and I can burn my archive CD allright.
>
> Is there a workaround for this? I've googled around a bit, and found the
> trick with the wrapper script:
>
> k3b --nofork $1
>
> ... but this doesn't work. K3b doesn't start.
>
> Anyone got this to work flawlessly?

Well, i recomend you to use drag and drop between digikam and k3b...

In future release, I think that we need to disable cd archiving plugin. A new
tool will be planed (included in digikam core) to backup properly albums AND
digikam database.