[Digikam-users] Get Digikam and K3B to cooperate nicely?

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sat Dec 10 10:02:13 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm an Austrian writer living in Montpezat (South France), and a 100%
GNU/Linux user since 2001.

I've recently installed Digikam 0.8.0 on my Slackware 10.2 (compiled
everything from source, went nice, though it was a bit of a hassle with my
dialup connection:oD).

I'm currently testing the Album > Export > CD Archive option. I had to fill in
the full path to k3b (which is /opt/kde/bin on my Slack). When I leave the
--nofork option, nothing happens. Looks like some temp file is erased too
early. I tried to leave out the --nofork option: now k3b opens OK, but with
an error message "Can't open document". But then, I simply click on "OK", and
I can burn my archive CD allright.

Is there a workaround for this? I've googled around a bit, and found the trick
with the wrapper script:

k3b --nofork $1

... but this doesn't work. K3b doesn't start.

Anyone got this to work flawlessly?

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs