[Digikam-users] Digikam crashes

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Dec 6 18:20:54 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 18:30, Stefan Walter wrote:
r> Gilles Caulier schrieb:
> > digikam isn't compiled with debug information. You have certainly installed a
> > package for your dist. Have you any information on a console (start digikam
> >>from a console)
>
> it's the debian package:
>
>  >>stefan at bebakus:~$ digikam --version
>  >>Qt: 3.3.5
>  >>KDE: 3.4.2
>  >>digiKam: 0.8.0

You are using unstable, right?

You are sure biten by the transitions
going currently on in Debian.  0.8 was working fine
some time ago in debian/sid.

You can fix it by rebuilding from source.  As root

	mkdir bld; cd bld;
	apt-get  build-dep digikam
	apt-get  -b source digikam
	deb -i  digikam*.deb

Ditto for digikamimageplugins and kipi-plugins.

Or wait until the transition calm down.  Digikam
will soon be scheduled for rebuild.

Achim