[Digikam-users] Importing captions + comments from Web-Gallery

Felix Eckhofer felix at tribut.de
Mon Aug 22 01:59:55 BST 2005

Hi Renchi.

On Monday, 22. August 2005 02:35, Renchi Raju wrote:
>> [Importing images from Web Gallery]
> No solution yet. KIPI plugin would be one way of doing it. How are
> you planning on retrieving the metadata?

Actually I was planning on using the gallery remote interface. But
having a closer look at it, it seems there is no way of accessing a
picture's comments. Which sucks.

Would a plugin which needs a SQL database dump to import the pictures be
of any use to someone else but me? I doubt it.

> Another possibility is to use some scripts and use jhead to embed the
> comments into the image files.

If I don't come up with a great new solution, I might just do something
like that instead of investing a great deal of time in a plugin no one
will ever use.

Thanks for your time anyway,
felix
--
felix_eckhofer  *  [fli4l-/eis-team]  *  ICQ#_59008162

"Ein Betriebssystem sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden,
 ins Dunkle zu treiben und ewig zu binden..."