[Digikam-users] Importing captions + comments from Web-Gallery

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 01:35:31 BST 2005

No solution yet. KIPI plugin would be one way of doing it. How are you
planning on retrieving the metadata? Web access and screen scraping or
direct filesystem level read (assuming that  you are on the server)?

Another possibility is to use some scripts and use jhead to embed the
comments into the image files. And then ask digikam to import these
files. In the upcoming 0.8, the comments will be extracted from images
at the import stage.