CI configuration

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:27:21 BST 2022

Hi,

Yes we can. I voluntarily set the compilation with ffmpeg 4, as this
API is validated with DK code.

The hacking touch from mem is located in arcarn of KDE CI/CD, and
needs a KDE admin request to change it.

Look here, this is the main configuration to compile CI/CD for digiKam:

https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/blob/master/extragear/digikam/digikam.py#L54

ffmpeg 4 is specifically set here. But it's not enough. If you change
it only to 5, it will not work. You need also to change... the core
configuration  of docker VM used by digiKam. Yes, it's dirty, but you
have no other choice :

https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/binary-factory-tooling/-/blob/master/craft/enabled-projects.yaml#L96

... and here, you cannot change these settings as you want. You need
the KDE system admin right for that, and finally to open a merge
request explaining why you want to change this settings.

Note : changing files in binary-factory-tooling as side effects on CI
AND CD. This means that packaging for Windows, AppImage, and MacOS
will be broken, as ffmpeg 5 does not work yet. CI and CD cannot be
configured separately as KDE system admin said...

To resume, do not change to ffmpeg 5 too quickly (:-)))...

Gilles