[digiKam-users] Test data for video ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:48:46 BST 2022

Le mar. 13 sept. 2022 à 05:27, Steven Robbins <steve at sumost.ca> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> OK, I can put the files in https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam-test-data
> Do you have in mind a preferred organization for files?  Guidelines for max file
> limit, etc?

For the data organization, I recommend to use the same directories
hierarchy used in unit tests subdir from digiKAm git repository.

Look the metadataengine dir for example, the most advanced unit-tests
collection. All are real unit-test with data files located in a data
sub-dir.

> How does one access this when running a test?

In metadataengine, file from data sub-dir are found with QFINDTESTDATA
macro from this abstract class :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/core/tests/metadataengine/abstractunittest.h#L49

All unit test from metadataengine are based on this class. We need a
solution to replace QFINDTESTDATA to get data file from an extra gitfs
repository.

Look on the README of this project which explain well the problematic
and a possible solution to deal with the gitfs data repository that we
have:

https://github.com/Munksgaard/get-data.sh

> I would need to have the data
> ahead of time so the data needs to appear when you update git.  How can I
> achieve this and, more importantly: how can I configure the CI runners to do
> the same?

To be honest, I have not experienced this workflow yet with gitfs, but
I recommend posting these Q to the KDE admin team (usually Ben
Cooksley)  who knows very well the infrastructure and the limitations.

We have open a file in KDE phabricator in the past with the topic
"separate repository to host large data files" :

https://phabricator.kde.org/T14540

...where Ben gives some guidelines. It's the good place to ask for
technical help.

Best