is avplayer broken?

Steven Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Tue Nov 8 07:03:58 GMT 2022

On Monday, November 7, 2022 1:08:53 A.M. CST Maik Qualmann wrote:
> Crash is now fixed. But the message comes up that no video renderers are
> available.

Thanks!  Indeed no crash.

But the first output is:
    QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
first

-- which one can easily fix by moving the declaration to top of main()

The next output is:
    Attribute Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES must be set before QCoreApplication is
created.

-- this is harder because it comes from set_opengl_backend(), which needs the
options parsed; however it seems that you need QApplication before parsing the
options.  (?)
-- but maybe one doesn't need to force the opengl backend (?) I think Qt
chooses one dynamically?
-- I suppressed it by just removing the call to set_opengl_backend()

After all that, nothing plays because -- as you said -- no video renderers are
available.

-Steve