burger menu missing

irthomasthomas at gmail.com irthomasthomas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:25:08 GMT 2022

You just highlighted why I love and hate datktable. It has some great
tools, but everytime I use it, I spend too much time just trying to
remember how to save a file. Instead of just clicking File≥Save, because
usability is boring, I guess?

UI design has gone backwards. And the kids today have no respect for the
hard earned lessons of their elders. Throwing out everything we learned
about UI and accessibility.

It reminds me of that British T.V. show, Nathan Barley, from 20 years ago:

"Once, the idiots were just the fools gawping in through the windows. Now
they've entered the building."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptMIcdCcpI

On the plus side, it does present an opportunity to disrupt the disrupters,
by simply restoring the main menu to these projects. Oh but can we spare
the 10pixel screen real estate, though? I honestly don't grok the logic of
removing  the main menu.

I hope digikam can push back against the kburgermenu.

Cheers.