Renaming and proportional crop

Lucas Panigali lucas.panigali at zaclys.net
Thu Feb 10 17:08:08 GMT 2022

Good Morning,

I don't know if this is the correct contact e-mail.
I have two suggestions to improve Digikam. Do'nt know if this will be
considered useful but anyway.

_*Renaming*_:
When renaming several photos using the [date] function and {unique}
option, could you add a "e" option ? (= respecting the extension, as for
the # function).

I can shoot RAW+JPG, and with the rafale mode I can shoot several photos
per second.
I usually use the following renaming : "*[date:yyyy-MM-dd_hhmmss] Job
Keywords*"
If I have several photos per seconds, I must add {unique} to avoid
conflicts : "*[date:yyyy-MM-dd_hhmmss]{unique} Job Keywords*"
I get:
2022-01-26_152637 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_1 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_2 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_3 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152638 MyTrip.JPG

Except that with {unique}, the RAW and JPG files end up getting
different file names :
2022-01-26_152637 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_1 MyTrip.ORF
2022-01-26_152637_2 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_3 MyTrip.ORF
2022-01-26_152637_1 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_2 MyTrip.ORF
2022-01-26_152638 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152638 MyTrip.ORF

So it could be nice if the [date]{unique} function could get a "e"
option to keep the same name for the associated JPG and RAW :
2022-01-26_152637 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637 MyTrip.ORF
2022-01-26_152637_1 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_1 MyTrip.ORF
2022-01-26_152637_2 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152637_2 MyTrip.ORF
2022-01-26_152638 MyTrip.JPG
2022-01-26_152638 MyTrip.ORF

Thank you in advance

_*Proportional crop*_ :
In the editor, could be nice if the cropping function was put
immediately as "max aspect" each time I switch the aspect ratio.
Actually I must click again on max aspect each time I change the aspect
ratio.

Thank you in advance

--
Lucas Panigali