Digikam GSoC 2021

Anjani Kumar anjanik012 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 17:31:36 GMT 2021

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 3:11:40 PM IST Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Welcome to the game.
>
> If you have questions, we are available to respond in this email
>
> Did you have already played with Qt6 API before?
>
> All point listed in idea page is enough clear for you ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> Le mer. 10 mars 2021 à 08:14, Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> a écrit
:
> > Hi Anjani,
> >
> > Welcome, this is the right place, all active digiKam developers read along
> > here and can answer your questions.
> >
> > Maik
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2021, 07:55:30 CET schrieb Anjani Kumar:
> > > Hello people,
> > > I have been contributing to the KDE community for an year and am also
> > > participating in SoK 2021(my KDE Invent[1]). I am interested in porting
> > > digikam to Qt6. For starters I've built digikam from source and would
> > > like to discuss other things. Is it the right place for discussion or
> > > should I email the mentors directly?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Anjani Kumar
> > >
> > > --------
> > > [1] https://invent.kde.org/anjani

Thanks for the quick responses. Tbh I haven't played "much" with Qt6. I am
also assuming that this the first initiative in a KDE project to port to Qt6.
All I am doing so far is look for whats changed and what others are discussing
about it. I've built some examples from the Qt6 docs and that seems fine to
catch up. I have worked with Qt5 Network Manager and some other modules and
that seems like I can port it to Qt6.

The points are clear. One question I had was with Qt XML Patterns. Seems like
Qt6 doesn't support this and I am not sure how to replace it's current usages
in the code-base.

I'll ask more once I unroll other points as well.

Thanks
Anjani