Ignored Faces

Kartik Ramesh kartikx2000 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 07:59:07 BST 2020

Hello all, I've managed to implement the feature for Ignored Faces. I've
pushed to the digikam repo. please let me know if it's appropriate.

The basic idea is as follows :
1. Pressing Reject on Unknown Faces, should mark the face as Ignored. This
will create a new tag, and move the face to it.
2. Running a Face Detection now, will not re-detect the Ignored Face (even
if Scan again and Merge is selected). Facial Recognition will not try to
recognize the ignored faces, and will never suggest names for an ignored
face.
3. I have re-designed overlay for Ignored Faces in particular. Pressing the
confirm button, on an Ignored Face will un-mark the face as Ignored, and
move it to Unknown.

Changes made to directories:
core/app
core/utilities
core/libs

To do:
1. The people sidebar should display Ignored Faces at the bottom, as it
isn't of priority to the user.
2. Add Ignored Property to the metadata of the image, as discussed earlier.

Regards
Kartik