DNN face detector fails with images that have many faces

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat May 16 23:34:53 BST 2020

Yes, the problem that not all faces are always detected has been reported and
we also have bug reports. I think Thanh did his work with the YOLO model. The
YOLO model recognizes all faces in pictures. But because of the size of the
precalculated model data, we decided on the SSDMOBILENET. Therefore we would
like to make the YOLO model available for download and implement it as part of
the GSoC2020.

You can easily switch to the YOLO model (facedetector.cpp: 85). The model data
must be installed to /usr/share/digikam/facesengine/.

Maik