Implementation Regarding Rejection of Unconfirmed Suggestions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:13:35 BST 2020

Le mer. 6 mai 2020 à 19:00, Kartik Ramesh <kartikx2000 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to discuss about implementation regarding the Assign Name Overlay. The problem is that the Red colored reject button of the Assign Name Widget, currently performs the same function as the Reject Overlay. I discussed in my proposal how it would be better to instead assign the Red Colored Button to "reject" the suggestion, and move the face to Unknown.
>
> Setting aside the connections between the various widgets, I would like to discuss how this rejection of suggestion can actually be carried out. Rejection of suggestion, is essentially a Tag Change operation, where we change the Unconfirmed Property of the Tag to Unknown.
>
> At the top level, DigikamItemView uses FacePipeline (d->editPipeline) to perform Confirm and Reject operation, based on the signal emitted by the Overlay. However Database Writer does not currently support Changing Tag Id, as is mentioned in a comment in DatabaseWriter::process().
>
> I believe writing an implementation in FaceTagsEditor, to perform change in tagID, and then plugging this in DatabaseWriter::process() can be a possible approach.
>
> Please let me know, if this is appropriate.

hi,

yes, the FaceTagsEditor sound the right place to process this kind of
operation on Tag ID changes...

But don't forget the FaceTagIface interface to play with face tags on database :

https://invent.kde.org/kde/digikam/-/blob/master/core/libs/database/tags/facetagsiface.h

Just check if there is no changes to apply on this class too..

Best