Implementation Regarding Rejection of Unconfirmed Suggestions

Kartik Ramesh kartikx2000 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:02:13 BST 2020

Hello everyone,

I would like to discuss about implementation regarding the Assign Name
Overlay. The problem is that the Red colored reject button of the Assign
Name Widget, currently performs the same function as the Reject Overlay. I
discussed in my proposal how it would be better to instead assign the Red
Colored Button to "reject" the suggestion, and move the face to Unknown.

Setting aside the connections between the various widgets, I would like to
discuss how this rejection of suggestion can actually be carried out.
Rejection of suggestion, is essentially a Tag Change operation, where we
change the Unconfirmed Property of the Tag to Unknown.

At the top level, DigikamItemView uses FacePipeline (d->editPipeline) to
perform Confirm and Reject operation, based on the signal emitted by the
Overlay. However Database Writer does not currently support Changing Tag
Id, as is mentioned in a comment
<https://invent.kde.org/kde/digikam/-/blob/master/core/utilities/facemanagement/workers/databasewriter.cpp#L140>
in DatabaseWriter::process().

I believe writing an implementation in FaceTagsEditor, to perform change in
tagID, and then plugging this in DatabaseWriter::process() can be a
possible approach.

Please let me know, if this is appropriate.

Regards
Kartik