Compiling Digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:23:44 BST 2020

Hi Marcel,

Compiling yourself OpenCV 3.4.4 is fine. I do it myself on my host
computer with more recent version.

But take a care to not mix headers installed on your system from an
older version (as 2.x for example). You can lets older binary packages
on your system, but devel packages must be removed.

If you can remove both, it's always better.

The second point is the OpenCV module to active or not. digiKam use
only few one, as OpenCV is a big puzzles. I written a bootstrap script
to start to configure the OpenCV cmake first stage with only the
strict minimum. It's here :

https://invent.kde.org/kde/digikam/-/blob/master/project/scripts/bootstrap.opencv-minimal-linux.sh

Copy this script on root directory of OpenCV source code, start it, go
to build, run make and sudo make install..

That all.

A last point : i always install OpenCV in /usr, not /usr/local, as
this last one is a little bit problematic to discover OpenCV module
detection, especially if older version still installed at the same
time.

Voilà, Don't hesitate to post future Q in this room.

Gilles Caulier

PS : have you read the dependencies section from API doc ?

https://www.digikam.org/api/index.html#externaldeps