Compiling Digikam

Marcel Mathis maeseee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:51:42 BST 2020

Hi all together

I'm a professional software developer in C++. At the moment the company I'm
working for has closed because of the current situation of the corona
virus.

Anyway, I would like to contribute to the this project in my spare time.
Unfortunately I got some errors running the CMake of Digikam. I could track
it down to the variable OpenCV_FOUND in core/CMakeLists.txt. On my desktop
Ubuntu 18.04 is running. Anyway the package from the main repository has a
too old version so I compiled openCV on my own. Executing the command
"opencv_version" returns "3.4.4" (the version I compiled).

Can anybody help me, that I can start working on this project? Thank you a
lot in advance.

Best regards
Marcel