Using HashMap over QMap

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:22:13 BST 2020

A QHashMap brings a speed advantage for a large number of entries, because
access is constant time. A QMap can be faster with a few, say up to 200
entries. With Qt4 there were sometimes problems if the key was a string in a
QHashMap, which was not unique when converted to a hash. That should no longer
occur with Qt5. So, many thousands of entries with a lot of access ->
QHashMap. Keep in mind that the keys of a QMap are sorted automatically.

Maik