digiKam availability as Flatpak/Snap

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 12:24:27 GMT 2020

Ihor,I think digiKam is available on flathub. I have seen digikam flatpak on one of the KDE websites for sure.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Ihor Dvoretskyi <ihor.dvoretskyi at gmail.com> Date: 2020-01-16  4:40 a.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: "digiKam developers room - digiKam: Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source" <digikam-devel at kde.org> Subject: digiKam availability as Flatpak/Snap I know that this was discussed some time ago (http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/flatpak-kde-applications-Add-digikam-to-our-nightly-flatpak-builds-td4704276.html#none), but I'd like to get the current status. Any plans of the digiKam community to make the digiKam software be available as snap (http://snapcraft.io/) or Flatpak (https://flatpak.org/) packages?It is clear that the Appimages exist, but Appimage has its own limitations. Specifically, there is no automated way to track the release changes and automatically upgrade the local version of the software - you have to go to the website and download a new version of digiKam every time when it's released. So, I'm fine with using Appimages, but they have their own limitations.I have discovered that it's a common practice for the various projects from the KDE ecosystem to be released as the Flatpak packages (https://flathub.org/apps/search/kde) and snaps (https://snapcraft.io/search?q=kde), so it would be great to have digiKam available in one of those (or both) formats someday.