Compiling Under Windows Obsolete?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 22:14:35 GMT 2019

Hi,

Compiling under Windows is certainly possible, but to be honest, we will
not do it since many years now. All is cross-compiled under Linux.

When i said all, it's from the start to the installer. There is no Windows
stuff used in this task. This have the most advantage to simplified the
workflow : all is done on the same computer used for the main development
under Linux.

No Windows, no Microsoft compiler, no extra proprietary libraries, no virus
risk. Well a pleasure for a developers.

If you is interested, all is explained here :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/project/bundles/mxe/README

Note : The MacOS bundle still compiled under MacOS, but it's technically
possible to cross compile with clang under Linux, there is no framework as
MXE cross compiler for Windows available for Apple device.

Best

Gilles Caulier