gsoc19

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 03:52:53 BST 2019

Le jeu. 4 avr. 2019 à 00:14, Igor Antropov <antropovi at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> I just tried to make it with QDBus. I queried all dbus methods, but there
> wasn’t any for wallpaper.
>
> Are you talking about X11 way or about gconf?
>
> Gconf is obsolete, but it is possible to make it with GLib.
> I can rewrite this
> https://github.com/GNOME/glib/blob/master/gio/gsettings-tool.c with
> «set org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri file:///path/to/file.jpg»
> as args for example.

If we can set Gnome wallpaper without ot be relevant of any GTk libraries,
it will be safe so far. Using dbus is the right way.

> At the same time, I think, it is possible to change background with X11
> everywhere. But it can work with X11 Pixmap only.

This can be a solution for all other linux desktop which do not support
dbus interface.

For info, this is the GThumb wallapaper tool code :

https://github.com/GNOME/gthumb/tree/d644a77a1b2085ce2c947719fb3f9107e068c42c/extensions/desktop_background

As i can see, GThumb is able to set wallpaper properties as centered,
tiled, adapted, etc. This can be a plus for the digiKam plugin.