Participate as a mentor for Google code in

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:22:01 BST 2018

> Hi Gilles,
>
> I will say what I have understood after seeing the code. In
> redeyecorrectionfilter.cpp everything is fine till the removing the redness
> by applying the average of blue and green channels. After this we are
> storing the results. This results are written through
> .WriteToFilterAction(). But in red eye correctioncontainer.cpp, I feel
> there is mistake in FormFilterAction().
>

> Please let me know your opinion and mistakes in my analysis.

Well no. The methods listed before are relevant of filter history recorded
in image and database. each filter applied to an image use a settings. This
one is versionned to be able to list the changes between version.

The code used to apply red eyes identification and fix is mostly located in
filterImage() which call correctRedEye() This code run a separated thread
to not block the GUI. The code use DImg digiKam image data container, which
is converted to OpenCV, processed, and converted back.

Take a care, 16 bits color depth image are supported (RAW files). Image
data is always encoded in RGBA color space, as integer values. See DImg API
for details.

> As our KDE has selected as an organization for Google Code in, I request
> you to give me a chance to participate as a mentor.

yes sure. Let's go...

Best