KDE branding for digiKam

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 12:19:26 GMT 2018

Hello,

My name is Paul and I work with the Promo team. We work to get more exposure
for all KDE projects, help them grow their user base, and acquire sponsors and
donations.

Today I am contacting you to talk about branding. We are talking to KDE
projects with their own websites and that show splash screens to encourage
them to include a "Made by KDE" mark on their sites and splash screens.

All the details on how this works is here:

https://phabricator.kde.org/T9122

The reasoning behind this is that applications with the KDE brand will help
users identify other applications they may like to use. Each application that
applies the brand will subliminally endorse all of the rest.

The theory goes that, when for example graphic designer that regularly uses
(and likes) Krita sees the KDE brand, and then sees it also associated with
digiKam, they will be more inclined to try digiKam to help them with their
image catalogue.

Is this idea interesting for you?

Cheers

Paul