Smugmug web service ported to O2 : Host authentication required

Thanh Trung Dinh dinhthanhtrung1996 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 20:52:48 BST 2018

Hi Maik,

In fact, I added those lines and nickName is not always empty. In
core/tests/webservices/smugmug.cpp
<https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/core/tests/webservices/smugmug.cpp?h=gsoc18-exporttools-o2#n51>,
I added a command line option for login with nickname. When you run
standalone test for smugmug with --login <nickname>, the nickname will be
propagated when the login page is opened, so that I can get the nickName
from user. In fact, It came from my misunderstanding. At that time, I had
succeeded with authentication, but when I tried to get current user info
from endpoint /api/v2!authuser (reference here
<https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2/doc/reference/user.html>), I got the same
error of "authentication required" that I mentioned above. I had
misunderstood that there was problem with that endpoint, so in order to use
other APIs, I had to have nickname (at least), so I added that command line
option. However, later I found out that even with nickname, I still got the
same error when I tried to POST something via APIs. I finally figured out
that these endpoints (those I succeeded with GET) are public, so no need
for access token, and the problem still remains with endpoints needing
token (/api/v2!authuser is one of them). Therefore, it must be problem with
including auth token to the request.

I attache here a patch with my latest modifications so that you can test
it.

Thanh.

--
Mr. Thanh-Trung Dinh
Université de Technologie de Compiègne (UTC) - France