Introduction as a GSoC aspirant and problem in setting up the code for digikam

Aman Jain amanjain5221 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:57:49 GMT 2018

Hello developers

I am Aman Jain and I am interested in contributing to KDE digikam projects
as a GSoC'18 aspirant which seems very interesting to me. I am familiar
with C++, Web development (JS, MeteorJS, NodeJS), shell scripting, SQL and
MongoDB. Please guide me how can I start contributing.

Also, I am facing problem while setting up the codebase for digikam.
Operating system: MacOS High Sier
Codebase link: https://www.digikam.org/download/git/
While setting up all the pre-requisites ie. setting up Qt (it needs xcode
5.0 but I already have xcode 9.2)

Please let me know a solution for this or the steps on how can I setup the
codebase in Mac. Or do I have to get a linux machine for the development
tasks because virtual box on Mac will make the development slower.

Thanks
Aman Jain
IIT Roorkee