exiv2 maintainer-less

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Sep 26 21:42:52 BST 2017

Saw this via Facebook on the Exiv2 channel, posted by Robin Mills:

"I am retiring from Exiv2 at the end of this week (30 September 2017). I
announced last year that I would retire at the end of 2017. Alison and I will
set off on Friday on a 9 week journey to visit friends and attend 2 weddings
along the way. It will be December when we return home. When travelling, I’m
unable to do “heavy” development tasks, so whether I retire now or Christmas
is effectively the same.
I will be available for consultation by email over the next few months,
however I will not be dealing with the Forum or Issues reported on GitHub or
Redmine.
It’s been an amazing adventure to be involved with Exiv2 and there are several
folks to be thanked. Andreas, Niels, Ben, Luis, Alan, Michal and Thomas B
instantly spring to mind. The Students from Google Summer of Code and numerous
users with whom I’ve had enjoyable conversations. Alison and I were invited to
a couple of weddings!
So 10 years of contributions and 10,000 hours of effort come to an end. I hope
that someone will carry Exiv2 into the future and I assure them of my support
if they require mentoring, or any other help I can provide."