Digikam documentation

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 09:58:17 GMT 2016

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

> Hi,
>
> I'm a member of the KDE Italian translation team. I'm working on the
> translation of the Digikam documentation, and I can't find two tools,
> "Advanced Rename" and "Acquire Images", and the same is for some
> <guimenuitem></guimenuitem> in "digikam_menu-mainwindow.po" in the GUI:
>
> Full Screen Mode
> Advanced Slideshow...
> Scan for New Images...
> Rebuild all Thumbnails...
> Synchronize all Images with Database...
> Add Camera
> Media Browse
> Scan Images...
> KML Export...
> Export to Google Photos...
> Show Toolbar
> Configure Shortcuts...
> Configure Toolbars...
>
> All tools not found are annotated TODO in docbook files. documentations
relevant of these tools are not yet written.

Also, i think you talk about the menu descriptions at end of handbook ? All
need to be review, or, to be removed at all. There is no real advantage to
list all menu entries which can evolute in time and require a lots of work
to maintain. I'm not yet sure.

> In the same file there is also "<link linkend="tool-flickrexport">KML
> Export Tool</link>" that may be incorrect, while in
> "digikam_editor-using.po" there is the not found GUI entry <guilabel>Zoom
> Autofit</guilabel>.

I don't understand this point. Can you explain better please ?

Note : I CC Wolfgang who work on documentation currently.

Best