[Digikam-devel] Willing to Contribute for digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:03:54 BST 2016

Hi Abhi,

Looking in your skill one point can be interesting : Windows OS application
development.

Currently, i try to finalize Windows installer for 5.0.0 release. It still
a lots of test to process and dysfunctions to fix.

The digiKam for Windows is fully cross-compiled under Linux. No need a
Windows environnement to compile digiKam. We have tried this solution in
past and MSVC is just a pain and a waste of time. Do not ask me to use this
weird IDE to hack digiKam under Windows. i will say NO NO NO.

To compile digiKam for windows, all is done under Linux, include the NSIS
installer. This last one can be found here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yq-xFihT0_SzhxVzF1RDhPbFE

To hack digiKam under Linux the installer stage can be dropped. I use a VM
with Win7 with use a shared directory from Linux host where bundle files
are hosted. That all...

All files used to cross-compile are here, if you want to take a look :

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=digikam-software-compilation.git&a=tree&f=project%2Fmxe

Are you interested to help me to complete Windows port before 5.0.0 final
release ?

Best