[Digikam-devel] Willing to Contribute for digikam

Abhi Nand abhinand.po at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:17:51 BST 2016

Dear Developers,
                        I am Abhinand P from PES University bangalore
India, currently pursuing my 3rd year B.Tech in Computer Science.My main
interests is in the field of bio-metrics, image processing and robotics. I
feel digikam is doing a great job as an opensource platform and I am
willing to contribute my best. I would like to work on a project and will
commit to finish it.

Here are a few projects that I have completed:

1. Projects on Internet of Things:- Drug manager which is used to remind
the intake tablets at proper time. This project was interfaced with intel
Galileo and Android App. This project won 3rd prize in Intel-Ideathon.

2. Microsoft Internship project : worked on hand gesture recognition as an
input parameter to firebird roboat.

3.Have successfully finished a automatic zooming filter in matlab using
linear algebra functions.

4.Raspberry pi projects : Have worked with networking for optimal usage of
connections (mapping between the number of modems and the users in the
network dynamically).

5.Zigbee interfacing: Have worked on encryptions of the data transmitted
through radio frequency using zigbee.

6.Indoor Positioning System: Worked with mentor in Eywa Media Innovations
for a project based on IPS using bluetooth.

7.Pebble watch: Have made a pebble watch app that measures the dosage level
for parkinson’s disease and interfaced with an android app.

8.Website development of IEEE International Advance Computing Conference,
The conference website was developed using Drupal CMS.

9.openCV code for eye gaze tracking.

10.Paper publications: Iris detection for gaze tracking using video
frames”, IEEE International Advance Computing Conference, pp. 629-633, June
2015. DOI: 10.1109/IADCC.2015.7154783. Indexed in IEEEXplre digital library.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/abstractAuthors.jsp?arnumber=7154783

My developing skills:
1.Android app development.
2.Drupal Web development.