[Digikam-devel] install to different directory than specified with DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at nebux.org
Sat Mar 12 14:12:23 GMT 2016

Hi Simon,

You can use the bootstrap.local script that should handle your case quite
nicely (I'm using it to develop on the git version of digiKam).

Otherwise, have you tried:

  cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/stow/digikam5
  make
  make install

This should be the correct way (see how it is done in bootstrap.local &
bootstrap.linux). Note that CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is only the target directory
where digiKam will be installed, and not at all where the libraries are.

Cheers,

--
Benjamin.