[Digikam-devel] install to different directory than specified with DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 10:50:28 GMT 2016

Hi,

I use stow for the management of my self-compiled software to allow easy
installation/deinstallation and bing able to use different versions
quickly. So in the end all the digikam files will end up in /usr/, but I
want them to be installed into /usr/local/stow/digikam5/. The usual way
to achieve this is

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .
make
make install prefix=/usr/local/stow/digikam5

Unfortunately this does not work, anything goes under /usr and I do not
see any such option in the Makefile. Is there a way to tell make install
to place the file in an alternate directory? Or is there a way to change
DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, but tell it that it should still look for its
libraries/... directly under /usr with some additional option to cmake?

Cheers,
Simon