[Digikam-devel] digiKam translations in l10n-kf5

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:07:17 BST 2015

>> Hi,
>> many thanks for the detailed list, really helpful. I have one question:
>>
>> On Tuesday 22 of September 2015 18:57:58 Alexander Potashev wrote:
>>>     3. These files from l10n-kde4/messages should be merged into
>>> l10n-kf5/.../extragear-graphics/digikam.po:
>>>
>>>         kdegraphics/libkgeomap.po
>>>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_acquireimages.po
>>>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_dngconverter.po
>>>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_metadataedit.po
>>>         extragear-graphics/kipiplugin_gpssync.po
>>>         kdegraphics/libkexiv2.po (this file should also be kept
>>> standalone as mentioned above)
>>
>> libkgeomap is released as a separate library; why are the same messages needed
>> inside digikam?
>>
>> Also, libkexiv2, why should it be keep separate for now? Is it temporary? Or
>> will the copy inside digikam be removed? (I hope the latter).
>
> Luigi,
>
> We decided not to release libkgeomap, but instead incorporate its
> source code into digiKam core (digikam.git). That is why there will be
> no libkgeomap.po in l10n-kf5.
>
> As for libkexiv2, its UI part (widget classes) has been moved into
> digikam.git too, thus the merge of libkexiv2.po into digikam.po. I've
> just checked the source code and it turns out that libkexiv2 has no
> more translatable strings left, so libkexiv2.po should _not_ exist in
> l10n-kf5. Sorry for my mistake.

Hi Luigi,

You asked me on IRC if libkgeomap.po can still be a separate
translation file (digikam_geoiface.po?). I talked to Gilles and we
came to the decision: this would be too complex to maintain, with
regard to the possible advantages.

Thus we extract the whole digikam.git repo into a single file
digikam.pot as usual. The existing translations (from KDE4) can be
filled into kf5/digikam.po from the six files listed above.

--
Alexander Potashev