[Digikam-devel] [Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:55:01 GMT 2015

At least, somebody can said me if an internal Mysql solution is suitable or
not without to hack the DB installation outside digiKam.

I read all bugzilla entries, and to setup Mysql, users need to grant
privileges by hand before to configure digiKam with it.

This is not possible to do the same with an internal server, since few
years ago, Mysql switch DB engine to ImmoDB which require granted privilege
to create DB indexes. And this is typically the problem that i can see when
i want to create the MySql DB through the internal server.

If i look how Amarok do with Mysql, internal server solution do not exist.
Only a remote server is avaialble in setup.

After all, it's logic. If you want an internal server, Sqlite is already
implemented and robust. Mysql must be only dedicated for remote storage.

I deducted that Mysql internal server must be removed from digiKam.