[Digikam-devel] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:06:10 GMT 2015

Hi all,

In my huge task of simplification of libraries puzzle, with current
5.0.0-beta implementation, i backported all libkface code in digiKam core,
including database. Now digiKam 5.0.0 will not use libkface.

I review all database management code, included recognition database,
factorized all when it's possible. I tested Sqlite implementation and
schema, and all work fine.

Now recognition database is managed as thumbnails and core database : same
place to store DB files, and same Sqlite engine.

As database code is common with other DB engines, this want mean that
recognition DB can be managed with Mysql/MariaDB too.

So now, i started a tedious task : review all Mysql bugs, that i sorted
this summer. The first task is to look into migration files :

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Database-Migration&list_id=1310837&product=digikam&query_format=advanced

And i must admit that i'm not an expert with MySql/MariaDB. So i need
external expertise and help here.

The code from git/master is now fixed to reproduce 4.x mysql support, with
same bugs of course.

There are 2 solutions to use MySql/MariaDb : internal or external (remote)
server.

In a first step, i would to start with the first one, which will be more
simpler to test and run.

But before to continue, i would to know if there is somebody in this room
who can help me in this task.

Thanks in advance

Best