[Digikam-devel] libkface

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Mon Jun 23 00:00:20 BST 2014

The face detection part I added to the KPA code can be found on
https://github.com/l3u/kphotoalbum/commit/04f6a995237d21990e25d282c78f15abab6d3106
But this was no problem and was "simply working".

The problems I had -- the exponential processing time growth and the massive
HD usage -- appeared when I used the "recognize.cpp" program from the libkface
sources (located in "test/"). I simply did some "./recognize train Name
image.jpg", and, as said, I got massive performance problems with more than
about 10 training images (each time, only the face part of the image was used,
as detected by the routine from my above code, that does the same thing as the
"recognize.cpp" program from "test/").

So I didn't write recognition code yet ...

Tobias