[Digikam-devel] libkface

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 21:09:23 BST 2014

> Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find some "working" demo or documentation
> about how to use libkface for face recognition. I had a look at the Digikam
> sources, but this is (of course) quite complicated code, so it's hard to get
> how it's done there.
>
> Are there some docs I can read? I would really appreciate any help.

There are no more docs than the API docs in the header files. Recognition is a
moving target, we have some bugs in digikam here as well.

But even if we are unsure about the quality of recognition that is currently
available, there's certainly some easier problem, learning is usually pretty
fast and, IIRC, of  O(1) complexity.

Is your code in git somewhere?

Marcel