[Digikam-devel] External tools

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 15:44:45 GMT 2013

2013/10/28 Yuri Samoilenko <kinnalru at gmail.com>:

> 2013/10/28 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
>>

>> But why no to plug core core of you tool in BQM core. This will be
>> more powerful...
>

> Sorry for my misunderstanding, but BQM does not allow to process list of
> file, in opposite KIPI export API allow to it very simple...

Of course (:=))) BQM allow to process lists of files (queues), and in
parallel (kipi cannot do), else there is no interest of BQM...

In opposite of KIPI, BQM has all tool in one interface. With KIPI, you
need to start one tool, wait end of process, and start another tool,
wait end, etc...

Definitively, BQM is the future for batch processing, not KIPI.

The only interest of KIPI currently is web export tools that doesn't
exists in BQM.