[Digikam-devel] External tools

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 07:11:50 GMT 2013

2013/10/26 Yuri Samoilenko <kinnalru at gmail.com>:

> Please correct me if i make a mistake.
> BQM processing files as pipeline(one tool applied on result of another)

yes.

> but
> on each file separately

yes, and in parallel.

>, not on whole image group.

yes.

> The best sollution will be to implement group processing into BQM
> engine(into batchTool) to allow tool operate on whole file group.

This is typically what's i explained previously in my mail, to add
something in Queue settings. Sure it's not too many flexible as
current batch tool mechanism, that can be set as you need in a tool
list.

> And to
> export KIPI export plugins as such batch tools. Right?

No.

To big plan is to be create a framework in libkipi to be able to plug
some parts from kipi tool to BQM make group processing. The idea is to
re-use some kipi tools implementation like this (web export tool for
ex). But it's a very complex and long task. There is a lot of code to
touch.

Giles