[Digikam-devel] Batch Queue Manager

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 13:42:00 GMT 2013

2013/11/10 Yuri Samoilenko <kinnalru at gmail.com>:
> Hello.
>
>> Please put your BQM patch in a dedicated branch of digiKam repository.
>> Look my instructions that i write for students this summer :
>

> I have pushed my branch as remotes/origin/development/externaltools but for
> the first time - squashed to one commit.

Yes, i see it. I'm registered to commit filter :

http://commitfilter.kde.org/

Like this i see all commit done by all contributors through email.

>> Take a care that digiKam SC (root) is a repository, kipi-plugins is
>> another one, digiKam (core) another ne too, etc... Just process core
>> (digiKam) to create a branch, apply your patch and commit. It will be
>> easy to sync your branch with master and later, when your code will be
>> stabilized and tested, to sync back from your branch to master for
>> release.
>

> What about branch manipulating strategy?
> 1. Is rebasing to master allowed in development branches?

You can sync (you must) this branch with master changes to have your
branch updated in time.

Later, when your code branch will be hacked, we will sync back from
your branch to master. The goal is do it before 4.0.0 beta 2.

> 2. All development branches(tested) will be merget to master?

Yes, sure.

> 3. What about bug fixes(not related to ET)? Can I create separate branch for
> fixing branch?

No need if code changes are not too intrusive and quickly testable. In
general, making patch attached to relevant bugzilla entry is enough. I
don't like reviewboard. This require to manage too tools, where only
one is enough to control bug fixes : bugzilla.

> 4. I have found bug:
>     "Target Album" in Target tab is not working in master branch(without ET)
> when two or more queue present - all processed pictures puts in last
> selected album.
>     I need to create request in bugtracker or I can fix bug without it(in
> separate branch)?

First check if bugzilla do not contain an entry about this problem. If
i remember, ther is something about. In bugzilla all digiKam project
is divided in sub section. There is one about BQM. If there is no
entry about, create new one, and attach a patch as well. No need
reviewboard (forget this tool)

> What about review board? Can I close request?

Let's open this entry for the moment, we will close it when you code
will be tested and merged back from branch to master.

For this week end, i'm with my familly. I go back at home monday
evening. I will review all your new branch and code tuesday evening.
Don't forget that i'm in stop disease for few month due to my car
crash and i will have a lots of free time to play with code (:=)))